From The Lotus:
We must move quickly. We have learned the nature of Project Tethra, Vay Hek is rebuilding the Fomorian Fleet. His aim is nothing less than complete domination of the Origin System. Thousands of these monstrous ships are in production. The Grineer will become unstoppable if they are completed. We must not let this happen.
Our goal is to cripple these ships before they can be deployed. To do this we are going to target the Fomorian Power Cores, their most vital component. This will be easier said than done. The cores are heavily guarded and their precise location is a tightly kept secret.
First we must find the cores. The Grineer are coordinating construction using a highly sophisticated encrypted communication system. To defeat this encryption, intercept multiple Data Fragments and combine them using the Tethra Cipher Blueprint I have sent you. When you have found a core, I will give you further instructions.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO
- You will receive a Blueprint from The Lotus for the Tethra Cipher Key. This will be your key to a new tileset, the hidden Grineer Shipyards. In order to craft the Cipher, you will need to collect unique data fragments by playing the Tethra's Doom Interception Mission on Earth.
- Once you have the necessary resources, you can craft the Tethra Cipher. Your Blueprint will not be consumed.
- Use your Cipher to open the Grineer Shipyards and play the NEW Hijack Game Mode.
- In Hijack, you'll need to find a Fomorian Power Core and activate the control panel to release it.
- Once released, the core will become unstable and its health will begin to degrade. If the core runs out of health before it reaches its destination, it will rupture and kill everyone in the vicinity.
- Standing near the Power Core will move it forward. This will drain your Shield, so use resources wisely.
- Any damage it takes during the fighting will only hasten its destruction.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Once you have successfully completed your mission, the Cipher will be consumed.
- To re-play the Mission, craft a new Cipher using your Blueprint and the necessary resources.
EVENT START/END TIME
Tethra's Doom is on now and will end at 1 PM EDT on
Tuesday, April 1.
**THIS EVENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 1 PM EDT ON TUESDAY, APRIL 8.**
Upon completing each mission, you will be scored as follows:
Individual Scoring - The health remaining is your score.
Clan Scoring - Clan scores will be determined by the sum of each participant's best score.
- Complete mission with between 1 and 249 points and you will receive an Event Badge and a 3-Day Affinity Booster
- Complete mission with between 250 and 499 points and you will receive the following four Mods:
“Jolt”: (Pistol) 15% Proc chance + 15% Electricity damage
“Shell Shock”: (Shotgun) 15% Proc chance + 15% Electricity damage
“High Voltage": (Rifle) 15% Proc chance + 15% Electricity damage
“Voltaic Strike”: (Melee) 15% Proc chance + 15% Electricity damage
- Complete mission with 500 points or more and you will receive the Gorgon Wraith.
- A Gold, Silver and Bronze Clan Statue will be distributed to the top three Clans in each Clan Tier.
HEK'S ESCALATION REWARDS
- Complete the new Shield Core missions with a score of 1000 or greater and get a QUANTUM BADGE, a brand new type of badge that uses particles!
- Players now have a more challenging mission, and competitive clans can now earn higher scores in this more difficult Hijack Mission.
Defeat Vay Hek's plans and take down Project Tethra!
For full information on this update, visit the Forum here.