Creating Shoulder Armor Pieces
Armor Pieces are a great entry point to the TennoGen program. Shoulder pieces allow players to break up their Warframe’s silhouette and allow creators to explore different styles and factions within the game’s universe. Since these armor pieces are placed in highly mobile areas on our characters, there are important guidelines and technical limitations you will need to keep in mind!
NOTE: At launch, we are only accepting sets including two shoulder pieces. Individual shoulder pieces will not be considered at this time.
Shoulder Armor Pieces are intended to fit all Warframes, and the attachment peg should be long enough to fit into all arm shapes. It may be tempting to design a piece that fits closely to the arm, but with the diverse Warframe designs, a more generic attachment style is recommended to ensure it works on everyone!
There are general size boundaries that need to be respected to reduce clipping and blocking vision while aiming. Any pieces that bend over the shoulder towards the neck can lead to clipping. If your armor extends past the shoulder, make sure it protrudes upwards or outwards, not towards the Warframe’s neck.
You are welcome to push the envelope at your own risk. We reserve the right to reject pieces that unnecessarily go beyond the boundaries. Asymmetrical designs are welcome, but both shoulders share the same texture set, so plan accordingly if you go this route.
- Triangle budget: 5000 total for both pieces
- Maps Authored at 1024 x 1024, in-game will be 512 x 512.
- Requires one full set of textures (both shoulders share the same texture set) as per our texturing guide here.
- Attachment point needs to be along the upper arm.
- Shoulder pieces should be submitted at 0,0,0 (world center) and oriented accordingly
- Please adhere to our file naming convention: ShoulderR.fbx and ShoulderL.fbx.
- Avoid contemporary references, pop culture, and 'meta' humour. While we have fun with this during holiday times your goal should be something that fits with the Warframe universe as it is.
- Your entry cannot contain elements from copyrighted works, reference to other IPs, or make use of any images or material that you do not own.
- While any Warframe appropriate style is welcome we are not looking for minor variations on the same idea. We are not looking for 50 variations of "cool metal spikes"; the more compelling and original your idea, the more we will appreciate it.
Prior to submission, please refer to the handy checklist below to make sure your Armour Piece meets all the TennoGen criteria: